The Fair District’s
Citizens Not Politicians Campaign has begun
This is a a campaign to create a non-partisan districting committee made up of citizens. Currently Ohio is operating within an extremely gerrymandered plan that has been ruled unconstitutional by our Supreme Court. Endorsed by retired Ohio Supreme Court Chief Justice Maureen O’Connor and many good government organizations like Common Cause and the League of Women Voters, Ohioans want to remove the districting from the hands of politicians and allow citizens to make these important decisions.
Sign up below to attend their next volunteer huddle and or for training for collecting signatures. Petitions will be available at the WCC or LWV offices.
Thursday, February 8, 2024 @ noon — Join us to learn the ins and outs of collecting signatures for the Citizens Not Politicians ballot initiative.
How can you support voter rights with this plan?
- Sign a petition.
- Sign up to volunteer via Fair Districts.
- Help collect signatures. Even if you’re experienced, you must take a 1-hour training and short quiz. (Start by clicking on the volunteer link in the above bullet.)
- Be able to advocate for every vote counting. This YouTube presentation provides talking points.
- Join the Fair Districts Speakers Bureau or help in other ways. Here is the Fair Districts Get Involved page.
- Attend Woman’s City Club’s Public Forums, held several times a year, often in collaboration with other community groups, are designed to raise community awareness, inform voters, encourage debate, and promote advocacy on current issues and other topics. Check the home page and calendar for upcoming programs and forums.
- Join the Program Committee to plan forums, as well as to suggest topics. Contact the new chair- Janet Buening (email@example.com) .